Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Still Here

I had a hard time signing into Blogger last week so that I could leave comments on many other blogs. I'm not sure if it is Blogger or my computer. If I haven't gotten to yours yet, know that I will and I am reading your blogs no matter what!

Our weather had calmed down alot! No wild storms - just rain every now and again. Other than that, nice days. Then we got hit again! The tornados from the midwest were moving towards us. We were reassured that they would weaken and there was no chance of danger. Suddenly, last Thursday around 10pm, the wind kicked up like nothing I have heard since Hurricane Hugo and there were alerts for our area to take immediate cover! A tornado! I was totally freaked out and grabbed my pocketbook (of all things to save) and told my family that if it carried me away (like Dorothy) I would at least have my ID on me and would not be a missing person! Funny the things that go through your mind. I always thought I would be gathering up my samplers if anything like this ever happened! It lasted about 35 minutes and quit as suddenly as it started. Once again, the storm left plenty of damage all around us. For some reason I can't post any pictures right now but I'm just glad we have power! Now we have Hurricane Season right around the corner!

I mentioned that I started a new piece on Mother's Day but I only got several stitches in before I set it down so it's not worth showing yet. What is wrong with me lately. Two months of kaos around here has taken it's toll on my stitching mojo and blogging! It's not over, by any means but I am hoping it has settled down enough that maybe I can start to pull the unraveled strings of my life back into place (a little at a time).

Thanks so much for sticking with me during this upside down period. Knowing you are all out there means so much to me! Until next time (and hopefully a more normal post) may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

These spring storms sure have been scary and devastating. Glad to know you are safe!

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! You keep getting hit by those awful storms, don't you? I'm so glad you're safe and have power!

barbara said...

Good to hear from you and know that all is well. Thinking of you!!

Hazel said...

Lovely to hear you are okay even through the storms. Goodness me. Yes blogger was being very naughty wasn't it? All back to normal now I hope. x

Roberta said...

Hi Sherry, I am glad that you have survived the storms. The weather has been quite something. DH and I took a trip to Tenn. for a wedding and stopped north of Atlanta to get gas and a bite to eat. Well, there was nothing standing at the exit except for a newly renovated Wendy's that had just opened - the town literally was blown away - it was heartwretching.

Hope you are well, love the color of your new roof to be!!

Siobhán said...

I'm glad that you're safe and with power!! I think Blogger has been having problems over the last few weeks. I'm super behind on everything, even more so than usual, because I haven't been able to leave comments.

Thinking of you!

Lana said...

Yeah Blogger's been a stink-butt for me lately too! I was glad to hear from you! Hope things continue to sort themselves out and settle down...choas is no fun!!