Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting Back on Track


I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday weekend! Thank you to everyone who sent their best wishes to me and for my father! It certainly means a lot to know my friends are thinking of us!

Each day I talk with my Dad and I am just thrilled at his progress! The dr. decided he was ready for something other than broth and is letting him begin some soft solid foods! I had to poke some fun with him though and tell him that he never let me have ice cream for breakfast! LOL. I just love hearing him sound better and more like himself each day. Of course, I am getting very antsy to get back up there and see him again! All in good time, I know!

I did manage to pull out Bird in the Bower to work on a bit in the evenings. There are several designs in my stash that are calling my name and I may be giving in to temptation sooner than I would like. I also decided I needed a little bit of pampering so I treated myself to some new floss for now.

I have been rather proud of how I have managed to cut back on my stash purchases lately. I consider floss and fabrics necessities so are never really a part of my stash diets. Of course I made a few purchases last month but I didn't go crazy like I usually do and I have very good since then. I can't make any promises about how much longer this dry spell will last though because I am constantly drooling over all these new designs that keep coming out!

Hopefully I can begin to get my life back into some recognizable order now and do more of things I need and especially enjoy! I hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad your father is making good progress at getting better. And I like your attitude about floss and fabric not counting during stash diets! Hey, I might be able to manage that! Maybe.....

Stitchinowl said...

Glad to hear your dad is feeling a little better. Ice cream for breakfast - yum!

Carolyn

Carolyn NC said...

Glad your dad is doing better. Congrats on staying controlled on stash!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Glad you treated yourself to something new. Take care, CJ ok;-)

Kit said...

I'm glad that your father is doing better. I admire your self control and agree with the floss theory!

Siobhan said...

I'm glad to hear that your father is getting better. My thoughts & prayers go out to you both that he continues to improve!

CindyMae said...

So very happy that your dad is improving! It is a very hard thing when our parents are ill! I agree, floss and fabric are not stash, you gotta have em!

Brigitte said...

Threads and fabric don't count in a stash diet, I think, at least not for me. Because how could you stitch all the charts that you own without fabric and tthreads? Lol.
Good to hear that you dad is recovering.