Tuesday, February 23, 2021

NO PICTURES

 The worst part of the sciatica is winding down. I still have a limp every now and then but it's not constant anymore or as painful! Good news!

 
I was able to get some more stitching done on Ann Pegg 1877 by The Scarlett House but not much. I was not able to get as much done on her during infusions as I had hoped because the way I would bend my arm to stitch would cut off the tube and my machine would just beep all day long! The infusion nurse does her best to adjust it so I can stitch. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
 
We are only 2 months into the year and I have already labeled it The Year of the Doctor! It seems like between me and the Grumpy Ol Gazer, we have my pocket calendar pretty full for the next month or so! I haven't even had time to take many pictures!
 
Several more Happy Mail days! Some fabrics and threads from My Vintage Needlearts, some stitching aids and more threads! I have plenty of charts to keep me busy over the year and beyond (plus I am waiting on 2 to be released by HATS) but I just never have enough threads or fabrics!
 
I got an email saying that my new stitching storage containers would be arriving later than expected so I took part of a day to begin the re-organizing with the old ones I have. I found charts I had forgotten about and so much more!  I am very pleased with it so far. I don't feel like everything is cluttered and will take hours to find! I can finish up when the new ones arrive!
 
We are waiting for the yard to dry out some more before calling to get more estimates on a walk way going from the driveway around back to the deck. The yard is so sloshy muddy when it rains that a walkway would make it easier and much safer for us. Now we just have to find the right price!
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounds like you have been keeping busy although not necessarily with fun stuff. It also sounds like you have gotten in some sorting and organizing which is always a good thing. Glad to hear the sciatica is better! Enjoy your week, Sherry!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I don't know if you can walk on natural surfaces well, but we used decomposed granite in our yard. It was much cheaper than concrete and flagstones. It is very fine but not like sand or pebbles at all somehow. We had to put something down to combat the dust out here!

marly said...

Good to hear that the sciatica is calming down. I am able to do the exercise to ease pain but my sister is not. She found that leaning forward while using her walker helped.

Our road is covered in more mud than I ever saw. Sewage project down 20' with our clay soil and 2 feet of melting snow. Yikes! We have a cedar fence and cemented barn stone wall in the way, they should be at our house in two days. Should be interesting!!