Friday, October 02, 2020

So Far, So Good!

 Finally! A new fresh month and hopefully a stress free month! The new fridge was delivered but had to be sent back AGAIN because of damage during loading! How could they NOT see things like that? But the store called us immediately and another one will be delivered in about 2 weeks! At least I had no headaches with the delivery guys!

I have been working on Harriat Brown by Stacy Nash a little more. She is definitely going to be a big girl when I finish her up! I made a list of items that I wanted to include in Harriat. So far I have just been "winging it" and putting things in that I want to add and where I want them.  I haven't changed a sampler around like this in a while so I am still getting my bearings but it is fun and I am hoping it will be an extra special piece!



 
I have noticed that there isn't much of Harriat's design in what I have stitched so far. Mostly it seems to be used as a template. I have also noticed that I might be short on fabric so I may have to finish this up and then give Harriat her due with her very own piece!  I will be able to decide as I stitch more.  Most of it is self explanatory. The phrase "stronger than I look" has a special meaning for me. I grew up with epilepsy and  I can remember someone always telling me "You're going to be fine. You're stronger than you look" after I would have a seizure.
 
I got so involved with this piece and our daily routine that my WIPs were ignored this time around.
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your version of Harriat is looking incredible, Sherry. I think that as long as you are enjoying what you are working on then go with that. Your other WIPs will be waiting their turn. Have a wonderful weekend!

butterfly said...

Love your new start , my WIPs wait for years If I start new projects .
Pulled one out from 20 years ago last week Ha.
Have a fun weekend.