Friday, July 17, 2020

No Update

What a dreary, dark, cloudy day! It is a good day to stay inside and stitch! For dinner, I am planning on making spaghetti. I use my moma's recipe for the sauce. I also use her recipe for my stuffed green peppers. These were two of my favorites that she made when I was younger so it always brings back such sweet memories as I fix them.

I tried a few new recipes over the past several weeks. I have my tried and true basics that I fix on a regular basis but a new recipe here and there can even perk up the old ones!  I had to pull out the crock pot for several of them but it was worth it. I fixed some slow cooker beef stew one night with a salad and some crusty bread. This is usually a meal for a cold Winter evening but with the crock pot, it was Summer do-able! Talk about good and filling!



I can't believe the media is telling people to stock up again because the hoarding is starting all over! Things were just starting to get back to normal a bit at the grocery store! I really don't want to deal with this nonsense again!

What an awful week I had this past week! I was feeling really sick for several days but it was my own fault. Those yummy nutty buddy ice cream cones were the culprit. It happened to me last summer but I forgot and did it again! For some reason, they just don't agree with me anymore! Seriously! Of all the things to make me sick! I eat chocolate and am fine. I eat nuts and am fine. I eat ice cream and am fine but put it all together in a cone and I explode!

I have come full circle and am once again grocery shopping all by my little lonesome! I did it by myself when we first got married. Then the kids came along and I had company PLUS a larger grocery bill because they just loved to sneak things into the cart when I wasn't looking! After the boys got older I was shopping alone again until The Grumpy Ol Gazer retired and he started to go with me which was sort of like taking the boys when they were little cause he would stop to look at all the candy and cookies and sneak a few things into the cart. But since his return from the hospital I have been shopping alone again. All that walking in combination with the heat just doesn't help his breathing. Hopefully when the hot days turn into cooler days, he can join me again. I miss the company!

Big News! I am a Great Great Aunt for the second time around! Isn't he adorable?



I really wanted to finish up my current stitch before my infusions start next week so I have been doing as much as my hands will let me.That house has been a bear to stitch! Otherwise, it has been an enjoyable piece to work on. I almost set it aside several times because of tedious brick laying but I am staying with it and am glad I did!

I have a change in my infusion project for next week. Since I felt bad and did not get much stitching in, I have my doubts about finishing up Bee Skep before it starts so I may just take this in to stitch on. I should be able to finish up before my infusions are over then I can resume on This is the Day for the remaining infusions as planned.

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

2 comments:

butterfly said...

Food looks yummy .
It is a bit scary shopping on your own in times like this.
Baby is so cute.

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, congratulations on becoming a great great aunt again! What a cutie! I am sorry that you were feeling poorly, but glad you are feeling better. The beef stew looks delicious. Enjoy your weekend!