Sunday, July 12, 2020

And the summer goes on.......

I made a big mistake this year and waited too long to go buy my chocolate mints and other herbs. By the time I went, the ones I wanted were totally sold out. So I promised myself to go much earlier next Spring.



Another thing I fussed at myself about was my yearly pots of petunias I put out on the deck each Spring. I love the yellow petunias (I put out at least 2 pots of these) and I always put out a pot of red ones in memory of my moma. I got lazy this year and decided I just didn't feel like watering them every morning and pinching them back each day! Bad decision. I have really missed them and next Spring, the deck will once again be graced by these gorgeous blooms!



I may just go one step further and put out some potted tomato plants again! I used to put out at least 3 each year (2 better boys and 1 heirloom)  and we always had some delicious tomatoes for sandwiches and salads! Not to mention fried green tomatoes!  I always put a few marigolds in with the tomato plant and that keeps away any bugs that may want to nibble on my fruits without pesticides!

The threads arrived for Mary Ann Hutton and the order from my LNS with Vintage Animals and threads also arrived. They are tucked safely in my project basket (which is flowing over) awaiting their turn with the needle! My project basket is a nice big basket by Everlove Creations over at Etsy! Lots of room for plenty of future projects.



I have another update on The Bee Skep by BBD. I am almost finished with page one! Once I can finish up this house, I am pretty sure it will sail along smoothly. I am staying away from designs with houses like this for a while! LOL



The Grumpy Ol Gazer has been on oxygen since he came home from the hospital. It is not the first time but I have my doubts about him getting off of it this time. So does he. It is so hard to haul around a tank when we go out. They can be loud, hard to handle and you usually have a time limit. We discussed those portable concentrators that you carry like a shoulder bag. We liked what we heard and he now has one. So far he been very happy with it and it is so much easier when we want to go out for the day or just a quick trip to the store!



Right now we are in the talking/planning stage but hopefully this Fall, we will begin on some home improvements! We have our list and have picked out certain items we want! Now to start looking up contractors! I can't wait to share them with you!

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

With everything shut down or in limited supply/access, I didn't get any petunias or geraniums this year. I miss having both. Thanks for sharing the tip about the marigolds. Glad your threads arrived! Hope you and the Grumpy Old Gazer are well!

marly said...

Those new units are amazing. My dad had a portable but it was limited on time and heavy. I made a harness from nylon strapping that held it for him and allowed him to have both hands free.

I have never had luck with yellow petunias, wish they would last for me. Gave them larger pots with good soil, fertilized, trimmed, but they always got wimpy. Tried the mini bell variety, no luck. Maybe one year!! And our tomatoes are very limited this year so I won't be picking a lot of green for frying.