Monday, June 29, 2020

Hot Summer Days

This has been our rainiest season to date! So far,we have had 16 inches this Spring and it just keeps coming!



We had a day long power outage over the weekend. The power went out at 8:50 AM and did not come back on until 11 PM. It was tolerable until about 2 in the afternoon and onward. It was terribly hot by then!

When my Sewing Club book by BBD arrived, I promptly stitched Willing Hands then put the book aside for a while. The other night I picked it back up and found at least five more "must do" designs! Uh oh!

I decided to share a sneak peek with you of my current stitch.  It has been a slow stitch but mainly because I did not work on it while the Grumpy Ol Gazer was in the hospital. I miscounted in a few areas but did not notice until I was so far along, I just decided to work around it instead of ripping stitches out. It has basically been an enjoyable stitch except for that house! Once I developed my rhythm on it, I started sailing right along! I will give you one hint. It is a BBD design!



When I had my framing appointment several weeks ago, I ordered a few items I had been looking for. Vintage Animals by Jeanette Douglas and the threads. I have Vintage Birds but needed the threads for it so the owner took care of this for me!



I have had several other happy mail days this month. One day, a new BBD design arrived and I was thrilled to see The Song They Sang by Carriage House Samplings in my mailbox!



Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely new additions to your stash, Sherry! Your current WIP is looking good; no guess from me. Looking forward to seeing more of it!