Sunday, March 22, 2020

No Pictures Yet

I am still here. I took a little time off from my blog to get some things in order around here. I can't say anything exciting has been happening. There is only a self quarantine in effect around here and we have been doing our part. We shop for groceries online and then pick them up without having to go into the store. We occassionally have to go into a store but very seldom and we make it a quick trip. No lingering!



Luckily, the weekend before all the hullabaloo started we went to our favorite steak house which is now closed to eat in customers but does have take out. Just not the same as a nice sit down and chat dinner though.

This pandemic has taught me several things already. Patience. Everyone is doing their best and it doesn't help anyone to be snippy and lose my temper. It has taught me to appreciate everything and everyone I took for granted before. The little things that used to be so easy to find and just run out to pick up now have to be looked for day after day. The young girl at the grocery store who does my shopping and delivers to my car for pick up. I always thank her and make sure she knows that she is appreciated. And so much more!



I have definitely had time for my stitching! I have surprised myself at how much I have been able to accomplish with it lately!

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and be safe!

2 comments:

marly said...

We're eating from the freezer and after finding the hand sanitizer, don't really need to shop much. I feel for those affected by closing and would like to order take out. I read to use a wipe on the box and to be extra cautious, microwave the food for 30 seconds. But we don't have enough people ordering so some of the eateries are closing. Stay safe!

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, it was good to see your post this morning. Your thoughts about what this pandemic is showing you (and me) was truly spot on. We have been trying to order take out from the small local eateries in town to help support them during this time. Enjoy your stitching! Take care!