Saturday, November 09, 2019

Just Words

Yes, I am still working on the Mother's Tree but the hand cramps started over the weekend so I took a few days off from the needle to let my hands rest up before getting back to work.

When I put my stitching aside to give my hands time to get over the cramps, I play in my stash. I have so many designs in my Stitching Bucket List but I have ear marked 10 of them for 2020. LOL. I am not saying I will get all 10 completed next year (that would be a miracle) but those are the ones I have my sights on. I am staying busy to make sure I have every thing I will need for each sampler I do complete.I have also been concerned about storage of these finished samplers (until I get them framed) so I was able to find a cross stitch project roll protector

We had plenty of unexpected errands to keep us busy all week as well. Our weather has gone from chilly sweater mornings to wearing that sweater ALL day!

Thanksgiving is coming up and I no longer cook that big meal for several reasons. My husband and I decided it would be easier and more enjoyable to just go out. There are not many places open on Thanksgiving that appeal to our taste so we decided to do something different this year. We are going out for an early Thanksgiving breakfast (at one of our favorite places) before the crowds start and then everyone can just do their own thing the rest of the day with sandwiches and such. Easy clean up.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry to hear about your hand cramps; hope they are better this week! Your plan for Thanksgiving meals sounds like a good one. Have a wonderful weekend, Sherry!

marly said...

I don't make plans for the next year because I've always changed my mind for one reason or another. You never know! You may reach your goal!

I think your plan for the holiday is perfect. Great idea.