Friday, August 30, 2019

It's Summer Again

Oh, how wonderful the weather was the first part of  the week! I have even been wearing a sweater in the mornings and evenings!  I took advantage of it and went outside to clean out some bird feeders and houses so they would be ready for this Autumn. While I was able to get outside and do a few things, I cleared off places for my blackberry bush, blueberry bush and butterfly bush.

Of course all good things must come to an end and so did our Fall preview! It got hot and humid again and I just didn't really want to get out in that!  The Grumpy Ol Gazer mentioned one evening that "we haven't had real food in a while. Just quick to fix dinners." Well, like I tell him every Summer, it just gets too hot when the oven is going along side of the outdoor heat! But I caved and fixed one of my favorites the other night. Notice I said "one of MY favorites"! I made my mother's recipe for stuffed peppers which I always loved, some steamed squash and a garden salad.



I do love my hoops and just can't stitch without one. I usually get the German Hoops and they are very good quality with no splintering. I have been wanting a square hoop though and it finally arrived! I love stitching with it!



A Sister's Garden by La D Da is coming along nicely too. I am really enjoying this piece. Such a pleasure to stitch on!  I am stitching her on Aida 18ct. Khaki that I got from My Vintage Needlearts over at Etsy! She has some beautiful colors but I think I will getting more of the Khaki!



I got so involved in A Sister's Garden that I forgot to work on AAFG. It's not going anywhere so I can pick it up later on. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

marly said...

I'm making stuffed peppers tomorrow for the freezer and dinner. Not sure which recipe I will be using. No problem using the oven for hours because it's CHILLY!!!

I never saw a square hoop!

Chelle said...

Love your La-D-Da project!

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely progress on your La D Da stitch! What a beautiful wood hoop! Do you cover the inner ring with binding or leave it with just the wood?