Friday, August 16, 2019

HAPPY DANCE

Creation Sampler is a finish! Yea! I can now consider this infusion project #5. I finished minutes before my I posted my blog. Below is my final picture (excuse the wrinkles). What you don't see is the second bird at the bottom and I have also added the year under my initials. I prefer to work on just one piece at a time but once in a while I will make an exception and work on two but no more.



I had planned to start a piece earlier this week but with errands and some left over side effects from the last infusion I did not pick up any stitching. I did go through my stash and kitted up designs that had not been kitted yet. I always like knowing that I can just pull a design out and be ready to stitch.

I realized that there are less than 5 months left in this year and I really have not stitched that much! Well, I have stitched but few finishes. I decided to make a plan for the remainder of this year and take it on into next year.

I pulled out And A Forest Grew by Rosewood Manor. This is my longest running WIP to date! I try to work some on it at least once a year but one of my plans will be to TRY to work on this piece at least two days a week until I finish it (good intentions). It has been stained over the years from taking it out and putting it back up. I will have to decide how to work around these battle scars.




Do you have any WIPs? What is your longest running WIP and how long how you been working on it?

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

And A Forest Grew is lovely! Perhaps once it is finished, you could dip it in a coffee/tea bath or walnut stain it to "hide" the stains. Good for you on getting Creation Sampler finished! I have one UFO that a friend said she would finish for me. I had several UFOs (I don't have any WIPs at the moment because I mainly stitch smalls, ornaments or small in size designs), but I just didn't love them so I salvaged the unused fabrics and tossed them after offering to several people.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , I have many WIPS and love it .
I pick them up and stitch on them when I want too , they all get their day in the sunshine ha.