Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Summertime (lots of pictures)

I love our yard! It's not super special and will certainly never be on the cover of a gardening magazine but it is my own little piece of heaven right outside my back door! Oh yeah, I get tired of pulling weeds and doing the chores involved with it. That's not my thing but I love going out back, sitting in my chair and just taking it all in. The activity, the little surprises hidden for me to find, the wonder of all that God has created and set out for me to enjoy.

My potted garden on the deck. I love growing mints especially. Any and all kinds of mints or unusual herbs.


The bees enjoying a morning romp in my Virginia Rose bush that will soon get luscious red rose hips on it this Fall.


The Japanese Red Maple we planted years ago has grown tall and strong providing shade and shelter. The first signs of peeling bark on our young River Birch tree.



The little island I began years ago with small trees and bushes that provide berries for the birds has grown up and become a haven of delight for them.


Watching the birds check out the birdhouses for a suitable place to raise a family never ceases to excite me. My most recent family of Blue Birds just left the nest. I always miss them but look forward to a new family moving in.



Time for some pool side fun! An early preview of Autumn colors yet to come.



An old abandoned bird feeder that is now a resting place and offers temporary shelter for my feathered visitors.


No matter what season it is or what the weather is like



I know our yard provide food, shelter and comfort for all my little visitors. It always has something for me to enjoy. Something new for me to discover. Something for me to be amazed at and be thankful for. Whether it be a new family of birds, a pile of dead branches that will provide shelter on a cold day or the sounds of Nature filling each corner of the yard I feel blessed.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share our yard with you! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

8 comments:

Edgar said...

Great outdoor yard snaps - Thanks!!!

Catherine said...

Beautiful post!! Love bluebirds and that poolside shot!

marly said...

Finding bounty and joy in the simplest pleasures feeds our souls. You're a lucky lady!

Margaret said...

Beautiful yard pictures! I need to learn to grow mint. I have to buy it at the groceries every time I need some.

Littlebit said...

Great post! I love birds and flowers, and as much as I enjoy the work involved, July and August are just not fun to be out in it.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

oh the blue bird is so prescious!

Penny said...

I enjoyed the pictures of your yard! Love the little bird splashing in the birdbath. :)

Brigitte said...

Great pictures from your beautiful garden.