Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Friday


Thank you for the great comments on my last post about my family history search. I was asked what his relation is to me. Henry Hatton (his stage and pen name) is my GG grandfather. His father was a famous writer, novelist and play write of his day. I have read some of his work but get tired of it quickly. A lot of thee's, thou's and therefore's along with other words not commonly used anymore. I have continued my quest on this project as the mood hits me and every so often something interesting will pop up and make it worth while.

Oh, those nagging questions that have haunted me since March have reared their ugly heads once again. What to stitch? What to stitch? WIPs? Start a new piece? Why am I wasting time trying to decide when I could working on those poor WIPs sitting in my basket? I can hear their pitiful cries of "finish me, finish me". The year is half over with no finished pieces for me to show off so I think I will focus on the WIPs for now and maybe I can knock at least several of them out by year's end.

Each year, we put out several tomato plants and I usually pick another veggie plant or two to try my not so green thumb at but not this year. We just didn't. No real reasons behind the decision. Every year, I grumble to myself about the up keep of the plants but I have missed the bounty of them this season with grocery prices on the rise. Next year, we will re-join the edible gardeners club once again for sure!

We had that major heat wave move through our area of the south about a week ago! Temps close to 100 degrees. It was that humidity that did us in though. Luckily, it didn't stick around too long and after if moved on we had a weekend of awesome temperatures. Friday was pretty cloudy which kept the heat at bay and we only reached 69 degrees. I actually got chilly several times. Saturday and Sunday were equally as nice. A little more sun but tolerable temperatures and very very little humidity! But, it's back again. Ugh.

I wish I had more exciting news to write about. Winning the lottery or a free vacation to Hawaii. Something to perk up these days of summer but this year we are staying buried inside as much as possible to avoid the awful heat. Even my camera doesn't want to come out of hiding from it's cool spot so not alot pictures to share this time around.

Thanks so much for stopping by and not giving up me during this blogging lapse I am having. Until next time, may you have simple (and cool) days and an uncluttered heart.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I hear you about the heat. But it was nice sitting inside, keeping cool and stitching all weekend. :) Now that I have my mojo back I'm making up for lost time.

As for what to stitch? I say stitch whatever makes you feel good. No finishes? No problem. Stitching should be fun and not a stressful hobby. If you are enjoying what you are stitching that is all that matters. :)

Good luck with your genealogy. I am a genealogist and the one thing I love about this hobby is that you can work on it for a few weeks or not. It will be there when you get to it. :) It is the hunt that is fun.

Margaret said...

Isn't the humidity awful with the heat? I'm sure your humidity is even worse though. I hope you settle on something to stitch soon. I know that feeling of indecision. There are so many good pieces that I want to stitch -- it can become overwhelming!

Lana said...

Good luck with pulling some of those WIP's out and getting them worked on!!! Don't feel bad, I just got my first finish of the year last week, and I've been stitching, that's what happens when you are in the middle of too many HUGE projects! As soon as I chose something nice and small-Wa-la! A finish!! So gratifying!!

Littlebit said...

Ugh..I am so tired of the heat! But my kids in Dallas said their actual temp was 106 yesterday, so I shall not complain!
I used to be a one-project stitcher..I have since blown that title to bits. lol! My motto now is, if it is in my home, it may as well be started. :) Sometimes it just takes forcing yourself to ONE evening of stitching on something you have lost interest in. If you still don't enjoy it, then move along to the next. Let us know what you decide to do.

barbara said...

I also have tomato plants but alas, I lack the green thumb that my mom and grandfather had. Luckily, I seem to be okay at keeping other things alive, LOL.

Have fun with that genealogy. Maybe you can give me some tips on how to get started - I'm trying to get into the DAR so I can get my hands on some of their antique samplers, LOL!!

Siobhán said...

Ugh on the heat--I would love to have gone home this summer but am glad that the hottest it's been this summer here has been about 75 degrees. That was for one day, too. LOL

I agree with Kathy--stitch on whatever you feel like stitching, whether that's your WIPs or something new. I have a bunch of things started and am not feeling the love for a lot of them, but the piece that was driving me crazy last month is starting to appeal again. Hang in there!