Monday, March 28, 2011

Where Are My Dull Days?

Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my framed pieces! I still haven't had time to hang them up but they are waiting patiently.

It has been a busy and hectic week around here again. DH went to the hospital and was there about 5 days. It certainly added a lot to my plate around the house but knowing he was getting the care he needed was most important. I am always a nervous wreck when he goes in the hospital. He is back home now but that doesn't mean things have slowed down very much with him being on oxygen 24 hours a day. It is definitely a lot easier to take care of him here at home instead of running back and forth so much. He had planned to take several days off this week and we were going to get some things done around the house. Well, he is home but our plans are on hold for awhile. I laughed and told him that he would just do anything to get out helping around the house!

I am sorry to say that I haven't gotten any stitching done over the past week either. When I did have the time, I was just too darn tired to even hold that tiny little needle! I can't even begin to count the number of times I have dozed off in my chair when I had a moment to sit. Hopefully I can get back to it soon. Breathe in. Now breathe out! Whew!

Our weather had been really nice then all of a sudden the temps dipped down again. We had those beautiful days in the 70's and 80's and now we are back into 30's and 40's with lots of cold rain and even the chance of some snow! All I can say to Mother Nature is "make up your mind"! I was expecting a weather change like this but not this late into the month so I had begun to think that we might be home free. No such luck.

I wish I had a more exciting post to make with lots of progress photos on my stitching but not this time. I have been trying to keep up with other blogs in between all the madness around here. Reading all your blogs and seeing your wonderful pictures do bring some peace and normalcy to my day.

Thank you all for stopping by again. Until next time, may you have simple days and uncluttered heart.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Sherry, I was sorry to hear that your DH was back in the hospital again. I hope he's better now and things have eased up. I can certainly understand how you haven't had the time to stitch with all that was going on. I hope you have some time to relax and stitch soon -- it can be so therapeutic. Take care of yourself while you're taking care of DH!

barbara said...

Hey Sherry, it's certainly been crazy-hectic in your world lately. I'm glad to hear your DH is home again. Will he have to remain on O2 or can he stop at some future point? Good luck to you both!

Deb said...

Sherry - I hope that your husband is doing better. I'm so sorry that he was in the hospital again. I know what you mean when you say that it's much more relaxing having him at home.

CalamityJr said...

I'm glad you got your honey home. Take care of yourself, too, dear!

Julie M said...

Sorry to hear your husband was back in the hospital. Hopefully he is feeling better now. Don't forget to take a little "me" time so you don't get worn down.

Von said...

Sherry, I hope your DH recuperates fully very soon. And do take care of yourself as well, sometimes that may include stitching and sometimes not - it's all fine. :) Hugs!!

Littlebit said...

Sherry, I am so hoping your DH is feeling better by now! Sorry to hear he had to be hospitalized.

Siobhán said...

I'm glad that your DH is back home! Things seem crazy busy with you. Take care of yourself!!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Thinking of you. Take good care, Tanya