Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Time


Our little colds turned into monsters! DH even stayed home from work one day because of it and I woke up feeling like a truck had hit me. I promised him that from now on when he comes home feeling bad, I will put a zip up tent around him to protect myself from the sickie germs. Then a whopping Fall allergy attack was just waiting in the wings for both DH and I. How fun is that! We still have the tail end of the yuckies but hopefully in a couple of days we will both feel as good as new.

On my current grocery list I have Halloween candy! It's that time again. We don't get as many ghouls and goblins as we used to since many parents take their kids to special gatherings but we still get a few so I like to be prepared.

Our weather is finally showing signs of Autumn. It warms up during the day but the mornings and nights are definitely sweater worthy. We finally got some much needed rain. A nice drink for the ground and hopefully it will wash any allergy grubbies out of the air. The Farmer's Almanac said we would have another early winter (beginning in late October) with lots of biting cold weather (but not as much snow). On the other hand, the National Weather Service has said that our winter will have up normal temps for the season and will also be dry winter. Hmmm, I like winter but after last year, I can live with warmer days and especially no ice! I think I will take prediction #2 and hope for the best!

I have spent more time on The Sparrow lately and I am happy to say that the progress is rolling right along - slowly. All I have left to complete on Section 4 is the lower right half then I will go back up to the alphabet block to finish off the personalization for my Dad but I have been bitten by the blah bug and haven't felt the urge to pick up my stitching every evening like usual. I have had to make a few adjustments here and there. Not because I planned to but I saw the mistakes too late and correcting them would have involved a lot of frogging (and I do hate that). All in all, I think it will look just fine when finished even with the changes.

Other than regular errands and daily chores things have been pretty normal around here. Thanks so much for stopping by again! Your visits and comments always brighten my day. Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

9 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Take care - nothing like a cold and allergies to make you feel puny! Just enjoy a cup of tea, sports if you like them, reading if you don't, and relax for a couple more days.

Margaret said...

I hope you two are feeling better really soon. It's such a bummer to get sick and have those allergies. I already got the Halloween candy ready for the kids. I think we get less than we used to as well, but you can never tell!

Catherine said...

Hope you are feeling better. My husband had one of those monster colds two weeks ago and is still getting over the tail-end of it all!

Brigitte said...

I hope that you will both get rid of that cold very soon. At school I get coughed at very much thesed ays but so far I have been staying without any signs of a cold. So far ...

Littlebit said...

There are just some things we don't want our husband's to share! I hope you are feeling better by now. I have my Halloween candy ready for the little ones--we usually get quite a few. Take care!

The Scarlett House said...

Oh, you poor thing...hope you and your hubby are feeling better as I type this. Take care, Sherry.

Carolyn NC said...

Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Kathy said...

I do hope you are feeling better. With the crazy weather we have been having it is hard to figure out how to dress. And easy to catch something. Just relax, lots of tea, naps and stitchy. Just what the doctor ordered. :)

Siobhán said...

I hope you're both feeling better soon! You need some R&R. Take care of yourselves!