Monday, February 01, 2010

Slushy Monday


I don't know that I have a lot of news or anything exciting to share. It's been cold. Then it turned warm. I stitched. Then it got cold again - real cold. Before the snow and ice arrived on Friday, we went grocery shopping. I picked up some more DMC - a major haul this time. I stayed warm and cozy indoors all weekend and I stitched except for the several times I ventured out to refill the feeders for the birds.

The weather people are already predicting several more winter storms for us in the upcoming week. Sleet on Tuesday and another winter mix next weekend. Of course, weather forecasts change day to day or even hour to hour so we really won't know until something (if anything arrives).

While I was out doing errands before the winter storm, I picked up several more tomato pin cushions. Now I can accommodate all my pins and even sort them. I love these. But my favorite one is my oldest one and is a well worn soft velvety red tomato (at the far right). I also picked up some more pins to fill them up with and some foam board.

I went through my stash again. I have all my designs boxed up into the following categories 1. Definitely to do 2. Finished and/or no longer interested 3. I can't decide whether to keep it or not. I finally went through that last category and really made myself decide what to keep and what to say good bye to. I have added some more designs to my trade blog. I know there are some other AIDA stitchers out there besides myself and I have some 14ct. up for trade on the blog as well. I mainly use 18ct. and Hardanger now.

I worked on "A Mind..." last week. I am still on the zig zaggy divider. It is coming along but not as quickly as I had hoped. As I said before, I really want to wait until the divider is complete before posting another progress picture. After the divider is finished, it should be smooth sailing. Believe it or not, I have really wondered about leaving the top alphabet and divider off completely and just going on from there. Hmmm. I guess I would always know but it's not like I haven't done stuff like that before to make it a little easier on me. *tapping finger on my chin*
It seems that so many people have theme walls for their stitching. Adam and Eve wall, sampler wall, mermaid wall and the list goes on. I like this idea but I wonder how long it would take me to fill up all the walls I would like to do. Better yet do I have enough empty wall space to accommodate all the themes I have in mind so for now everything goes up as it is ready then later as my wall(s) begin to get full, I will begin to think about seperating it all into themes. LOL. Best not put the cart ahead of the horse!

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry! I love the new look to your blog. I've been searching and searching for a new background, and am not real happy with the one I chose. I can't believe the bad weather you are all getting!

Julie M said...

Sounds like you are getting a lot of organizing done Sherry! Feels good to do things like that this time of year for some reason.

Sorry about the crappy weather! It's been a rotten winter almost everywhere!

Margaret said...

Love your pin cushion collection! It's amazing all the weather you have been having down south. I guess it's all going to you guys -- fine by me, but tough for you! :D As for themed walls, yes, I have a Quaker wall and am trying for an A&E wall. I just thought of another one -- a wall of samplers with interesting names. :D There are some good ones out there!

Deb said...

Just love those pincushions. I've got a couple of those that were my grandmothers. And it sounds like you've got a lot of organizing done - a good thing to do when the weather is so miserable. I still can't believe all the crazy weather you're having.

Maggie said...

the weather has turned again here too, we has snow again last night, not a lot but the roads in my area were at a stand still this morning, no gritting had been done and they were just awful, amazing how such a small amount of snow can halt the traffic here! My jouney is usually about 10 minutes by car, this morning it took me 45 minutes, and it took one guy in the office 5 hours to get in!!

I have started a sampler wall too, but like you will probably split it when i have enough to go round!

Keep warm x

Annie Bee said...

Love all your pincushions. You are more organised than me. Hope you don't get all the snow forecast.

Littlebit said...

"Slushy Monday." That about describes our part of the country right now. At least you spent your time organizing. That always feels so good.

Siobhán said...

Good for you for getting things organized, Sherry. I need to do that, too. I have started looking at things from the standpoint of--toss it/sell it/give it away if I don't want to spend the money framing or finishing it.

Hope you're staying warm!

Gayle said...

Hi, I like that you collect pin cushions. Hopefully you are getting a lot of stitching done with the snowy weather. Even though it isn't as bad as the rest of the country, I have enjoyed watching the rain and getting my stitching done.
Stay safe and warm!