This is the same post I make at the end of each year with a few changes here and there to suit the time of my life. It may get old to some but it works for me.
A New Year is right around the corner! A brand new clean calendar! It's up to each one of us what we do with it. Each year I make the same goals with a possible extra or two tossed in for good measure. I prefer to use "goals" instead of "resolutions" because I feel that I am taking already important things in my life and putting my focus on strengthening them.
1. To make an effort to learn something new every day. The joy of knowledge is indeed a blessing no matter what you choose to learn.
2. To make time for myself. It's amazing what 15 minutes sitting on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and watching the birds can do for my soul. A little time each day to refresh my spirit is all it takes.
3. To take time to appreciate each day. Too often we forget to see the beauty around us and take the simple things in life for granted. My continued goal is to look with my eyes but to see with my heart. To simply enjoy life and all that is a part of it.
4. To enjoy my family and friends. I am lucky to have each and every one of them in my life. I have been blessed with so many online friends and each day I am grateful for each one of you! My online stitching and blogging friends are a very important part of my life!
5. Organize and Simplify! Two key words I always yearn to make a part of my everyday routine but often lose focus on. Organize doesn't mean I have to go on a cleaning rampage each day. It just means I need to get my life and things that are a part of my life in some of manageable order so that I feel comfortable instead of constantly overwhelmed. Not putting things off until the last minute can contribute greatly to this cause! Simplify! Just what it means - plain and simple! Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill, do what I can and leave the rest, don't volunteer for more than I feel I can handle or feel will stress me out!
6. To Remember. So many people have come and gone from my life over the recent years and I want to keep their memory alive.
7. To keep my faith alive and strong.
And of course the New Year just wouldn't be complete without a few just plain fun goals!
1. Take more trips. Even day trips can be fun.
2. No pressure. Keep the fun and joy in stitching. This is why I started in the first place! I actually have several special projects planned for this year but will keep them a secret until I start.
3. Take more pictures.
4. Continue to have blog give a ways
5. Get back into life! Period. Plain and simple.
6. Work on home improvements. We have plenty to choose from!
Have a safe New Year's Eve! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.
Remember to leave a comment on December 28 post if you are interesting in entering the giveaway!