Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Hello December

 They say that bad things happen in three's. The Grumpy Ol Gazer's hospital adventure can easily count as two. The other day I took a nasty tumble on the front porch and have been stiff and sore ever since. Hopefully our bad luck is over for a while now!

 
I made a stitching schedule for 2021. I love to make list but have a bad habit of not sticking to them or changing them around. Hopefully I will do better next year!
 
What are several of your very favorite stitching threads that you keep on hand just in case you want to switch out some colors? I always have a good supply of Gentle Arts Mulberry thread. It just screams the perfect red! A close runner up is Weeks Dye Works Teal Frost. I fell in love with this last one while I was stitching Feliz Navidad by BBD.
 
We had both been craving some Oyster Stew so I made a pot last week. I think I will have to double the recipe from now on! It was definitely GOOD! I found the recipe and picture at Addapinch.com Here is what I used to make it.



 
3 T butter melted
1 cup half and half
3 cups milk
2 cans of oysters (drained)
several splashes of Worcestershire sauce
Cook on low or med. low so the milk does not curdle.
 
With a new year right around the corner, it is time to get a new journal. I found this one over at Etsy in the Journal Junky shop. I bought 2. I keep a basic journal, a creative journal and my blog is my hobby journal.  I am anxious to get them and be ready!



 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Oyster Chowder looks so good, Sherry. I am sorry you fell and hopefully the stiffness and soreness will be a thing of the past soon. Happy December!