Sunday, December 15, 2019

I'M BACK!

While I was in the hospital last month, the Grumpy Ol Gazer asked me what he was supposed to do with all my cross stitch if anything should happen to me. Wait A Minute! First of all, I asked him if I had been that bad. Then he told me that if I did not make some kind  of list for him he would probably just throw everything out. Supplies and finished pieces! Now, that got my attention! LOL. I doubt seriously he would throw out any of my finished work but he knew how get me moving! I know what I want done with each piece and my supplies but I need to get it in some sort of order that he could understand. Just in case.

I have been spending a good amount of time getting organized for 2020. I started a Stitching Journal with a page for each piece, the information about it and who should get it. Pages available at Etsy from blackcrowdigital. I have been working on this on the weekends.

I also ordered some organizational items. A project roll for keeping finished pieces looking nice until I can frame them.



And several project bags. One for current stitching and one for my good hoops. Early birthday presents from me to me. All from Etsy.



After starting feeling a little more like myself I had the stitching itchies. I wanted to work on Mother's Tree but I have been dying to start on A Virtuous Woman by Carriage House Samplers ( and I am using my new Hardwicke Manor hoop) so Mother's Tree is taking a break for right now. My call. I am stitching on 18ct. Aida Khaki by My Vintage Needlearts over at Etsy.



Not much stitching time the past week . We have had appointments and errands to take care of. We should be free for the rest of the month now and can do whatever we please. My infusions have been moved back a month so this will give me some extra free time to catch up.

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Our oldest son hung the lights outside the house and did a wonderful job. The Grumpy Ol Gazer helped me out in the kitchen so it wasn't so tiring because I was still pretty weak but everything turned out nicely. I did not get around to making a pan of dressing that the boys look forward to but I will save that for Christmas Eve dinner with a turkey breast. After an early morning doctor appointment the next day, The Grumpy Ol' Gazer and I enjoyed a lazy breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Thank you to all my readers for being patient while I got my strength back and started to feel more like myself again.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, I am glad to hear that you are beginning to feel better. Slow and steady will get you back to being your normal self. Thank you for sharing the name of the Etsy shop for the cross stitch 'journaling' pages. What a lovely bag you bought for your hoops! How do you like the Hardwicke Manor hoops?

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hope you feel better soon. big hugs take care

marly said...

Good to hear you are slowly getting your strength back. It's a good idea for all of us to designate how we want our work distributed! Most of my friends are artsy modern and have no desire for stitchery of any kind.

Wonderful bag for your early birthday, searching Etsy this afternoon. Happy future birthday to you!