Monday, January 12, 2015

Keeping my Promise


I made a promise to myself at the first of 2015 that I would stitch more and blog more. Here it is still January and I am making my second blog post. I was so touched by all the comments left on my last post. Yes, it has been a really icky year and a half for me. It seemed like every time something started to get better, something else would flare up!
 I had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor last week. My hip has been giving me a lot of trouble. Trouble a lot worse than just arthritis. There were times I could not  walk and I almost always had to keep my walker near by. It turns out that I have Avasular Crosis which can be caused from long term dosages of prednisone as well as other things.. Luckily they caught it time that hip surgery may not be necessary.
I promised pictures and I am keeping my word. First is a SAL for Ann Tarbox. It  began on January 1st but things were busy around here so I did not begin until January 4th. I have loved this sampler for quite awhile so I was thrilled to find a SAL to give me that push I needed to do it! This is a year long SAL. No rush. 
Next, is a SAL for any pattern by With Thy Needle and Thread. I decided I wanted my first one to be Heap on the Wood. I fell in love with that design and it will be perfect for my Winter wall. Once again it began on January 1st but I have not had a chance to go by the LNS to pick up my chart and threads. I do plan to start on it this month. This is also a year long SAL so I am hoping to get 1 or 2 more WTN&T designs done. 

The Apostle's Creed by MBT is my infusion stitch so it only gets pulled out several times a year (for about a month each time). I have another infusion coming up this Spring so I am hoping to finish it off then. I already have my next infusion stitch kitted up and ready to start on when this one is complete.
While cleaning out my stitching basket which is something I have not done in over a year, I found a WIP of Mary's Sampler by Plum Street Samplers. So many of you finished this off in no time and they were all beautiful which is what made me decide to do it for myself. I have no time frame set up for this WIP but I do plan to finish it off sometime during this year!
Last for this show and tell post, is another WIP that I started last year then stopped working on because of my health. Wild Berries by Blackbird Designs. It's funny how taste changes as we see what others are stitching and how they are displaying it. This one will go on my future (that I hope to have a start on this year) Birds/Alphabet sampler wall. Another picture from the web since my camera is on loan.
Once again I missed the sign up deadline for Stitch From Stash so I will do it on my own like I did last year.. I did enjoy it enjoy it last year and I saved a lot by thinking twice before spending. I will give myself a spending limit of $25 a month which only includes charts and threads. My Grumpy ol' Gazer usually gets several a year framed for me as a gift. And I have a good stash of fabric so I seldom need to buy it unless it for a special piece.
I am sorry there are no pictures this time but either my computer or blogger is not co-operating today. I will show pictures of my last framing bunch on my next post. Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

8 comments:

llknbillburg said...

Looks like a good list of projects for you stitching year. I look forward to progress pics! Laura

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, what wonderful projects you have listed for the year! Looking forward to seeing your progress on them.

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Good for you. Great plans.
Not so good for you with the hip pain. I also suffer daily, chronic pain for almost 11 years now with my SI joint.

Ruth said...

Please keep feeling better -- we need you at your peak :) Stitching is always better when one feels human.

Love your project list -- I hope they bring you much frog-free stitching joy this year.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Glad you were able to get diagnosis for hip pain and can avoid a surgery.

Whew--you have an ambitious stitch list

Margaret said...

Yikes on the hip pain! Glad it was caught in time to avoid surgery! I hope all your health problems are getting better. Love seeing the list of your projects. There are some good ones in there!

Sally said...

Great stitching plans for the year.

So sorry to hear about the hip pain. I hope it can be managed.

Maggee said...

I sure hope that the hip pain dissipates the further away from prednisone you are! That would be ideal! Best wishes in 2015, as you stitch on some lovely projects!