This is the same post I make at the end of each year with a few changes here and there to suit the time of my life. It may get old to some but it works for me.
A New Year is right around the corner! A brand new clean calender! It's up to each one of us what we do with it. Each year I make the same goals with a possible extra or two tossed in for good measure. I prefer to use "goals" instead of "resolutions" because I feel that taking already important things in my life and putting my focus on strengthening them.
1. To make an effort to learn something new every day. The joy of knowledge is indeed a blessing no matter what you choose to learn.
2. To make time for myself. It's amazing what 15 minutes sitting on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and watching the birds can do for my soul. A little time each day to refresh my spirit is all it takes.
3. To take time to appreciate each day. Too often we forget to see the beauty around us and take the simple things in life for granted. My continued goal is to look with my eyes but to see with my heart. To simply enjoy life and all that is a part of it.
4. To enjoy my family and friends. I am lucky to have each and every one of them in my life. I have been blessed with so many online friends and each day I am grateful for each one of you! My online stitching and blogging friends are a very important part of my life!
5. Organize and Simplify! Two key words I always yearn to make a part of my everyday routine but often lose focus on. Organize doesn't mean I have to go on a cleaning rampage each day. It just means I need to get my life and things that are a part of my life in some of manageable order so that I feel comfortable instead of constantly overwhelmed. Not putting things off until the last minute can contribute greatly to this cause! Simplify! Just what it means - plain and simple! Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill, do what I can and leave the rest, don't volunteer for more than I feel I can handle or feel will stress me out!
6. To Remember. So many people have come and gone from my life over the recent years and I want to keep their memory alive.
7. To keep my faith alive and strong.
8. A Random Act of Kindness. Like so many others, I was raised to do them. Only back then they were called "manners" or just plain "consideration for others". So many people still do these and often without even realizing it. For the New Year coming up, I challenge myself along with each and every one of you to make RAKs a regular part of your life and to become more aware of them. Whether it means opening a door for a person, buying a stranger a cup of coffee, taking the grocery cart back inside the store or something else. Let us all strive to bring back those values and in doing so we will give back. I would love to hear what you did today to make someone's day a little brighter.
9. To Forgive. Things happen that cause hurt, anger and resentment but often the people who cause these emotions don't care. We are the ones left with bitter feelings that only mount up and make us more and more miserable. I will let the past remain in the past and let go of these feelings so that I can move on with my life.
10. To use kind words and practice patience more often. I will try to live by the good old standard saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
And of course the New Year just wouldn't be complete without a few just plain fun goals!
1. Take more trips. Even day trips can be fun.
2. No pressure. Keep the fun and joy in stitching. This is why I started in the first place! I actually have several special projects planned for this year but will keep them a secret until I start.
3. Work on some WIPs I have been neglectful of. Each stitch on them brings me a little closer to a finish!
4. I also have a lot of freebies, smalls and magazine patterns I have been wanting to stitch.
5. Take more pictures.
Have a safe New Year's Eve! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
First of all, let me send a big Thank You to everyone who helped me clear out some of my stash on my Wishlist blog! There are still some items left, some have been marked down and a few more have been added. Vonna had started it and her progress on it. After visiting her blog over and over and over to take "just one more look", I finally decided to pull it out and actually begin this time! Can you guess what design it is?
Saturday, December 01, 2012
I could come up with all kinds of excuses and reasons for not making many blog posts lately but honestly, it's mostly just plain laziness! I keep thinking that I will wait until I have something exciting or clever to write about. Well, that's not going to happen! *wink* blog. I hope you find something you like. Maybe an early Christmas present to yourself? With the arrival of the holiday season, also comes more baking. Not just turkeys and trimmings either. Cakes, pies but mainly lots and lots of cheese cookies! A batch of these will disappear around here before they have time to cool off after being taken out of the oven!