Saturday, November 19, 2011

Get Ready to Get Stuffed!


What a week it was since I last posted! The kind of "thank goodness that's over" type of week. It all began with our phone and internet service. Losing connection in the middle of a telephone call, soooooo sloooooow internet and just a major annoyance. They came out in a jiffy and it took a little while longer than I had anticipated but both are working 110% now. That should have been enough. Right? Nope. We were without any water for more than 30 hours. That was a real annoyance with dishes piling up in the sink, the dirty clothes hamper seemed to fill up faster than usual, no showers to be had and something as simple as washing your hands was unavailable!

DH is home on vacation again for the Turkey holiday. I do like having him around. During the evening we sit in the living area while he reads his astronomy magazines or works on his hobby and I stitch. It just reminds me of our earlier pre-kids days and has a cozy feel to it.

Did I mention that Poor Maidens was a gift from a lovely someone? I was so thrilled and couldn't stop dancing around the room. DH thought I was totally crazy! lol. I finished off AWWR - sort of. DH likes it better without the border. Yes, I usually show him my stitching and get his input. I still haven't decided whether to add the border or not so for now it remains a sort of finish.

While going through my stash I saw all those wonderful bird designs that are waiting to be done and remembered I also want a bird wall! Do I have enough walls? For now I am loving stitching on these pieces for my Winter wall and will probably concentrate on them for awhile. Now to go through my stash and find my next new start!

I have been keeping some candy on hand lately and I am beginning to gain some weight back. All my tests came back normal so I have another appointment with the doctor to discuss other possibilities. He thinks it could be something as simple as nerves. He said that's pretty common when you get older. Gee, thanks doc! Maybe I should tell him that he's no spring chicken either! lol.

Mr. Turkey is in the fridge getting thawed out for the big day. I always make my standard dressing that everyone loves for Thanksgiving dinner but I like play around with an extra dressing recipe looking for that perfect one with that special umph. This year I have come up with, what I think, will be THE one! Actually I am basing it on a salad that I love from a local restaurant (minus the lettuce)! Just sort of making it up as I go type thing. I'll let you know if turns out as good as I am hoping. What all do you fix for Thanksgiving? Any traditional dishes? Any new experimental ones?

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for dropping by! I wish you all a wonderful holiday!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations on your finish! It's nice that your DH cares about your stitching and gives input. None of my family really cares about mine sadly. Interesting about the results from the doctor and what he said. I can tell you that I lost about 6 or 7 pounds back when Irene happened from stress and all. And I haven't gained it back yet. I keep figuring I will though. lol! Such a bummer about your internet/phone and your water!! The water especially! Yikes! I assume everything is back to normal now. I have a hard time functioning without my showers. lol! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on your finish... it looks wonderful.

Brigitte said...

Your finish looks so beautiful. I'm very curious to see what you will come up with now.
What a nice idea to create a bird wall. I'm also very fond of bird patterns and somehow nearly all my projects have at least one little bird.

Lana said...

Your finish is just gorgeous!! Your evenings DO sound very cozy!!

Catherine said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is so cute. Love the idea of a bird wall! I want to do more bird things, too. I've been obsessed with the idea of ornaments with birds on them--having a bird tree for Christmas--and then other designs, too.