Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday Yuckies


Thank you all for your concern about my hands and wrists. They are feeling better and all should be well (minus the usual aches and pains of age) as long as I don't over do!

We are in day two of yucky weather again! We really need a week to 10 days of warm weather with lots of sunshine to dry up things around here! We get some nice days and things begin to get better then the rain returns with a vengence!

I started working on a new design yesterday. For right now, I am not going to say which one of my kitted up charts it is but I will give several hints.

Hint #1 - I have already made a mistake but don't feel like calling in the frogs!
Hint #2 - I have made a lot of color changes!
Hint #3 - This design is from one of the stitching magazines.
Hint #4 - Design size is 100 stitches by 100 stitches.
Hint #5 - I have mentioned that I wanted to do this piece on my blog.

Oh my! Paula has two - yes, two - wonderful new designs posted on her blog! And they are most definitely going on my "to get" list along with the others!

Last night I looked online at sewing machines. Oh, we already have one but I hate the thought of using it. DH picked it out for me and it just has too many bells and whistles on it for my liking! It's fine for hemming up pants and making other clothing repairs but I just want a simple and easy to use machine for making my quilt tops! I found one I like but now I need to talk myself into getting it! LOL!

Until next time - stay safe, stay happy and stay well!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Sherry -- please tell me what sewing machine you're thinking about! I need a new one and have been dreaming about a Bernina, but I don't think it will fit the budget. lol! I'd love to know what you're thinking about getting! Nice start, whatever it is! lol!

The Scarlett House said...

Pack your bags and come to AZ for a visit, Sherry. We have plenty of sunshine for you.

Carolyn NC said...

I'm with Margaret. I want another machine and have no idea what to get!
It used to be pretty easy, but not any more!

CindyMae said...

I am so glad that your hands and wrist are feeling better! You new start progress looks wonderful! Love the colors! I just need a sewing machine as I don't even have one! LOL

Melissa said...

Thanks for mentioning the new Plum Street designs - I love'em!

Glad your hands are feeling better.

Roberta said...

Glad you are feeling better and you can stitch a bit once again.

Hmmm a new sewing machine - I bought an Elna Quilting machine a few years ago and I love it - I quilt and do sewing on it.