Saturday, December 30, 2006
A New Year is right around the corner! A brand new clean calendar! It's up to each one of us what we do with it. Each year I make the same goals with a possible extra or two tossed in for good measure. I prefer to use GOALS instead of RESOLUTIONS because I feel that I am taking already important things in my life and putting my focus on strengthening them.
1. To make an effort to learn something new every day. The joy of knowledge is indeed a blessing no matter what you choose to learn.
2. To make time for myself. It's amazing what 15 minutes sitting on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and watching the birds can do for my soul. A little time each day to refresh my spirit is all it takes.
3. To take time to appreciate each day. Too often we forget to see the beauty around us and take the simple things in life for granted. My continued goal is to look with my eyes but to see with my heart. To simply and enjoy life and all that is a part of it.
4. To enjoy my family and friends. I am lucky to have each and every one of them in my life.
5. Organize and Simplify! Two key words I always yearn to make a part of my everyday routine but often lose focus on. Organize doesn't mean I have to go on a cleaning rampage each day. It just means I need to get my life and things that are a part of my life in some of manageable order so that I feel comfortable instead of constantly overwhelmed. Not putting things off until the last minute can contribute greatly to this cause! Simplify! Just what it means - plain and simple! Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill, do what I can and leave the rest, don't volunteer for more than I feel I can handle or feel will stress me out!
And of course the New Year just wouldn't be complete without a few scrapbooking/crafting goals!
1. I will allow myself to create more freely. Stop depending so much on current trends and go with what is in myself instead.
2. No pressure. Keep the fun and joy in scrapbooking. This is why I started in the first place!
3. Get pictures! Enough said. I am sharing one of my favorite photos from 2006.
Wishing everyone a wonderful and Happy New Year filled with everything good!
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I have been really lax about keeping up with my blog during the holidays so that will be one of my New Year's resolutions! It has been such a busy season around here that I feel like I have a hangover now that it's over! DH was working some horrible hours with little time off and we were unsure if he would have Christmas day off but thankfully, they finished up in time and he was able to take at least part his remaining Christmas vacation!
I was in several Christmas swaps with scrapbooking groups and was totally thrilled with everything I received! Not to mention the extra holiday gifts and birthday surprises! I am always sad to see the holidays end but those after Christmas sales sure help to lift my spirits! No time to go check them out today but I am tomorrow brings some free time so we can see what's left on the shelves in the stores!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I have been very bad about updating my blog lately! Shame on me! Since the holidays began over Thanksgiving weekend, it has been something constantly around here! DH has a terrible work schedule right now and doesn't see any relief from it in the very near future so all holiday plans and outings are still on hold.
I have been busy this week with my holiday baking. So far I have knocked out Bourbon Balls, Rum Balls, Cheese cookies, chocolate dipped cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Walnut balls, sausage balls and eggnog cookies. I still have Cream Cheese Bread, Monkey Bread, fudge, a German Chocolate cake, a Rum Cake and mini cheesecake bites left to make! Whew! But everything taste delicious if I say so myself!
I will try to check back in as I can during the holidays but here's an early HAPPY HOLIDAYS and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!