Monday, December 28, 2020

What a Year!

 I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. It was quite around here which is the way I like it! The boys are grown now so that early morning excitement has been replaced with sleeping in a little longer. It's just amazing how much better I feel when the Grumpy Ol Gazer is home instead of the hospital!

 
I was asked to show the inside of my journals by Journal Junky over at Etsy. When I have hand cramps, I type out my journal entry and paste it on the page. My journaling drawer got too full so I switched it over to a tote bag (with journals, stickers, adhesives and more) until I can find a bigger drawer!



 
I also wanted to show the covers. You can leave them plain or you can have a quote (or anything else) put on the cover. You can get the inside pages plain or with lines. I like the lined pages.



While catching up some Flosstube programs at YouTube, I watched the most recent one by Hands Across the Sea. One of her recent releases, Cicely Margaret Ingram is such a sweet little design but I knew it was a must have when I saw that Cicely's birthday was the same as mine!



 
One of my birthday deliveries was this stitching frame that I have had my eye on for more than several years. It was too expensive in the past but I found a sale that was just right!



 
I also got a new boom box. My old one was really OLD and just did not work very good. This one is small enough I can leave it by the computer and wear my headphones to listen to some music while I surf the web or bring it out to sit by stitching chair.
 
One of my journaling prompts was "What time of day do you enjoy the most?". I would have to say early mornings. Usually everyone is still asleep and I can enjoy my coffee in peace and quite while catching up online. Even if someone else is awake, they are usually too tired to even acknowledge my early rising so it is still like being the only one up and stirring around.
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sherry, thank you for sharing a peek at the inside of your journals. Like you, I preferred lined. Nice looking stand! I hope the remaining days of 2020 are good ones and that you have a blessed and bright start to the New Year.

marly said...

I'm glad you got the frame you've wanted. I've been telling friends to stop resisting and treat themselves. We all deserve a splurge.

Happy new year, wishing you and your husband health and happiness.

butterfly said...

Happy belated Birthday .
Loved reading your post today .
And I also like to get up early each morning love the peace of a new day.
Happy New Year to you and your husband .