Wednesday, December 30, 2020

It's Coming!

 A New Year is right around the corner! A brand new clean calendar! It is up to each one of us what we do with it. Each year I take the same basic goals with a possible extra or two tossed in for good measure. I prefer to use "goals" instead of "resolutions" because I feel that I am taking already important things in my life and putting my focus on strengthening them.

 
1. To make an effort to learn something new everyday. The joy of knowledge is indeed a blessing no matter what you choose to learn.
 
2. To make time for myself. It is amazing what 15 minutes sitting on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and watching the birds can do for my soul. A little time each day to refresh my spirit is all it takes.
 
3. To take time to appreciate each day. Too often we forget to see the beauty around us and take the simple things for granted. My continued goal is to look with my eyes but to see with my heart.
 
4. To enjoy my family and friends. I am lucky to have each one of them in my life.
 
5. To remember. So many people have come and gone from my life over the years and I want to keep their memories alive.
 
6. To keep my faith alive and growing stronger each day.
 
7. Organize and Simplify! Organize does not mean that I have to go on a cleaning spree each day. It just means that I need to get my life in some sort of manageable order so that I am not constantly feeling overwhelmed. Simplify. Just what it says. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill and take life one day at a time.
 
8.  A Random Act of Kindness. Like so many others, I was raised to do them. Only back then, they were called "manners". I challenge myself to make RAKs a regular part of my days. Whether it be opening a door for someone. Taking a grocery cart back into the store. Buying someone a cup of coffee or just a smile to make someone's day a little brighter.
 
9. To Forgive. Things happen and often we are left with feelings of anger and hurt. Too often the people who cause these feelings don't even know or just don't care. We are the ones left feeling bitter. I will let the past remain in the past and let go of those feelings so that I can move on.
 
10. To use kind words and patience more often. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
 
And of course, I always add some personal goals just for me.
 
1. To keep the joy in my hobbies.
 
2. To journal more often.
 
3. To spend more time with my stitching
 
4. Keep my blog up to date.
 
5. Take more trips. Even a day trip can refresh the soul.
 
6. Enjoy each day!
 
7. Work on my Stitching Bucket List
 
8. Catch up some of my WIPs

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart



1 comment:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I like your resolutions/goals, especially the one about organizing a bit. It can be hard to do, but the rewards are so great. It might not work for some, but I use pretty totes with different sized baggies inside with things stored in them and what it's all about written in Sharpie on the baggie. And hanging from each tote handle is a pretty tag with what the tote is about ("Watercolors" "Seed Beads" "Fiction Writings" "Non-Fiction Writings" and so forth! Just popping by your interesting blog, while on a lovely hop from blog to blog during the holiday season, my gift to myself!