Wednesday, December 09, 2020

December Rolls On

 I have been having a blast looking up ideas for my 2021 creative journal! It may just be the best one yet! I am looking forward to working on both of them. Writing and creativity has always been a big part of my life. I grew up surrounded by people who were talented in both areas.

 
The bursitis in my shoulders is so much better after the shots but my lower arms are still tight and hard to move. I have been wearing an ace bandage to help out some and switching from a heating pad to ice packs. If it does not get better within several weeks, he told me to come back. But I have been sleeping like a baby thanks to those numbing bandages he gave me for that giant bruise on my back (from that nasty fall).
 
I tried a new recipe the other night. The Grumpy Ol Gazer is on a heart healthy diet now that calls for one day a week with NO meat.  I absolutely loved it and he was surprised at how much he liked it since he did not get too excited about the ingredients. I took two similar recipes and used the ingredients that I liked from both.I call it Greek Pasta.



 
(I seldom measure. I just add until it looks like the right amount)
1. start your angel hair pasta
2. saute onions, green peppers and mushrooms
3. Put #2 in a pot
4. add sundried tomatoes, artichokes (cut up),  black olives, black beans (rinsed and drained) and anything else that makes your mouth water.
5. Drain pasta and toss with olive oil. Serve with toppings and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Serve with garlic bread
 
Because of my arms and the fall, I am taking a break from stitching (and housework) for a while but I am getting everything ready for the first of the year! I have two charts that are up for grabs for the first 2021 stitch!
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

We don't eat beans in this house but everything else in that pan looks yummy. Hope you feel better really soon. big hugs bug not too tight. Lynda

Robin in Virginia said...

Your dish looks good minus the black beans. Glad your shoulders are feeling better! Hope your arms and hands feel better soon. Perhaps compression gloves might help!

butterfly said...

Looks Yummy .
Hope you get back to full fitness soon.
Take care.