Sunday, December 20, 2020

He's Home. Again.

 Thank you to everyone who sent sweet birthday wishes!

 Well, I had my birthday all planned out. I was going to to go down to my LNS with my birthday coupon and go crazy. Then we were going to go out to eat at my favorite place and on the way home, we would stop and I would get my free holiday birthday coffee. None of that happened.
 
Two days before my birthday, the Grumpy Ol Gazer landed back in the hospital.This time it was pneumonia and he was on a ventilator again. Luckily he got home about a week  before Christmas. I did not go the first several days because of freezing rain and I did not want to risk  another fall plus the hospital wanted me to wait for some of his test results to come back. So for my birthday, I ate left overs and just hung out by myself. Life happens. I am glad he is home and well.
 
Several nice books for keeping track of my cross stitch arrived from Amazon and now I get to work on filling them out.






 
I also have some PDF printable stitching record sheets from BlackCrowDigital over at Etsy to help me keep up with my stitching.
 
My journals arrived  this week (Journal Junky at Etsy) and I am over the moon happy with them! I was going to save them to start on for the New Year but I am so thrilled with them, I just couldn't wait! I will probably go ahead and order several more after the first of the year to have on hand!! LOL While letting my old bones heal some more, I set up my journaling drawer so I would have everything at my finger tips when needed!

 
My arms are starting to feel a little better. I have been exercising them about 30 minutes a day to loosen them up. I may just pull out a new start now that the Grumpy Ol Gazer is home.I just don't have stitching concentration while he is in the hospital!
 
I had a list of threads and charts I wanted to get at the LNS on my birthday. Instead, I just ordered them. Not as much fun but I still got what I had wanted except for a few items that were out of stock and I can get later. Several other goodies arrived that I will show off later. Plus there is more to come. Double the fun when your birthday is so close to Christmas!
 
Right now I am SO SO ready for some dull days! LOL
 
Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart. 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What fabulous journals you purchased, Sherry! You mentioned a journaling drawer; I hope/wish you will provide some details. I would also love to see the insides of each of your journals. Pretty please!

I am sorry your husband landed in the hospital before your birthday, but I am relieved that he is home now.

butterfly said...

So sorry for you that you could not get out for your birthday ,but yes like you said life happens,
But good news your Hubby is back home for Christmas .
Great journals I use one or two every year for my stitching notes , threads I need to buy , good shops on line , what I want to stitch next etc.
Merry Christmas enjoy.