Monday, April 05, 2021

Catching Up!

 What a month March was! Hopefully, April will be a little more low key. I saw my dr. about my arm. He referred me over to an ortho dr but that appointment is not going to be for a while.. He said I could stitch as long as I have support under the arm and don't do too much at one time.

 
It turned out that all of those bursitis flares (that were worse each time) on top of the osteoporosis (caused by one of my meds) did the deed. Damage on top of damage!
 
I have been seeing a surgeon at a hospital closer to me about their kidney transplant program. He wants me to build up my strength some more before we continue the discussion but he said the answer may still be NO because of all of my other health issues.
 
The Grumpy Ol Gazer got his first and second Covid vaccine. I feel good knowing that he is taken care of. I have to wait a while longer because of my infusions and my immune system has to build up some more.
 
What do you do when you can't stitch as much as you would like? I went through stash and made some orders for new charts that I'm sure I really didn't need plus a new thread storage system.



 
I have ANOTHER new start.  After this last month, I felt I deserved one! Hannah Jenkinson by Stacy Nash. I have loved this one and wanted to start on it for a good while but something kept holding me back. I finally realized it was the threads. I love the called for colors but I just wanted something different. I decided to just go through my thread stash and pull the colors that spoke to me! I have done this before and have always been pleased with the outcome! No real order to the colors either. I just use what I want as I want.  I am using 18 count Aida in Toffee from My Vintage Needlearts. No picture yet but coming soon!
 
I am still working on Ann Pegg and several others. My new storage system is helping me keep up with them much better instead of losing them in all the clutter!
 
I only pre-ordered one design from the Needlework Expo. Rose Cottage Sampler by Stacy Nash but I have seen several others I may buy once they are released.



 
My threads for Amy Fisher by HATS arrived along with some extras that I never seem to have enough of. Also The Pink Sparrow sampler by Brenda Gervais and threads came!
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

4 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

It is hard when you can't stitch as much as you like. I am limited by a lack of free time! I think your redo of the thread storage was a great idea, making the stitching you will be doing so much easier.

Robin in Virginia said...

I would love more information about your new thread storage unit. Continuing to pray for your shoulder, Sherry. Looking forward to seeing your new start!

butterfly said...

Sorry you can not stitch so much.
I hurt my shoulder a few months ago and could not stitch for a few days .
But found some cream that helped and just started stitching a little more each day .
It seems to be working , but can't over do it yet .
Hope all goes well for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's good to be organised and hopefully it will ease you into stitching more once you heal a bit.
I have a big pile on the kitchen table from the Easter Holidays that needs sorting so I will also be feeling more organised this week!