Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I Am Still Here!

 Our computer has decided to develop a mind of its own and do things how IT want to! It started off with my blog. I have to hunt down several programs before I find one that will let me post and then it still refuses to let me leave any comments! So that is one reason I am often late in posting. Lately it has decided to make signing on the internet as hard as possible for us! Links and apps are either hidden or just GONE! We have had this one for a while but I am hoping we don't have to get a new one any time soon. I hate having to back up pictures and programs to transfer over!

 
Infusions are over for this round! I will start again in July!
 
No snow down this way - yet! And I am hoping it keeps its distance! We have had more than our share of rain. And a lot of thunderstorms with lightening! Our backyard is worse than a swamp! 
 
Hello, old friend! My neighbor gave me one of her extra canes when my hip went bad and it was hard to walk. I used it again after the hip replacement surgery and then again when I developed a case of sciatica. Both happened in 2015. Otherwise, it stays tucked away safe in the corner until needed again. I pulled it out last week when BOTH hips began to hurt again which turned out to be another case of sciatica! A much worse case than before but I seems to be getting better faster than the last time. I just have to be careful.



 
I have managed to get some more stitching done on Ann Pegg. It is still slow progress but she is actually starting to look like a sampler now! I have been getting antsy wanting to start on Hannah Jenkinson by Stacy Nash but I am still waiting on a few threads to come in. I am also still waiting on the Pink Sparrow sampler by Brenda Gervais to arrive!



 
Some happy mail arrived. Threads, some beautiful fabrics from myvintageneedlearts and some other stitchy items I was needing!
 
I have a bad habit of constantly looking for new and better craft storage solutions. I have been using project bags and putting them all in a basket beside my stitching chair. It worked good for a while but it began to get too cluttered for me.. I pulled out all of my old storage boxes that I used for scrapbooking and also kept quilt blocks in and I ordered several more. One box will hold all of my journals, stickers and Book of Days. Another box will hold stitching aids like scissors, needles, magnet boards, hoops, ect. Two boxes will keep my WIPs together and the last two boxes will keep my kitted charts safe and sound. I even have several extra boxes that I can still use for quilt blocks (if I ever get my quilting space back). And since they are clear, I don't have to label them in case I want to re-use them for something else, As for the project bags, they won't sit around unused. I plan to keep my threads and current stitches in them.
 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

butterfly said...

Great Stitching start.
Sorry about your pain , and hoping it gets better soon.
Oh the PC is a pain with blogger keep changing the way it was , I wish they would just leave things how they are .
Enjoy your day.

moosecraft said...

I think I know the boxes you are talking about....and I use them for quilting and cross stitch too. Keeps everything visible and neatly stacked! And when they are full....I know not to buy any additional projects! lol! Feel better!

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad your infusion round has ended. Hope it went smoothly for you. I am sorry that your computer is giving you fits. Great idea on the clear storage boxes!