Wednesday, February 03, 2021

I am Late!

 I am late posting! It seems like those dull days did not last very long! Life is back on the fast track again.

 
Some people have asked me about my infusions. I have been doing them since 2013 for a total of 8 days per year (a round of 4 days each time) because of an extremely nasty ol auto immune disorder!  I am used to them now and have the routine down pat. The nurse always has some coffee waiting for me. I set up my stitching while she gets my meds ready. It can take 5 to 45 minutes to hook me up depending how my veins co-operate. Then I stitch a little, get a short nap in (thanks to one of the meds) and stitch some more. I get up and walk around with my IV pole about every two hours to stretch my legs. Then it is time to pack up and go home. After that, the fun part starts. The side effects. Sometimes they are mild and bearable while other times they can be monsters! Life Happens



 
I have labeled 2021 as The Year of Samplers. I have my list. Some are kitted up and ready. Some are ordered. A few are still not released yet but should come out this year. What is your favorite type of sampler? Just alphabets and numbers? I love alphabets and numbers with a special verseI
 
I got a late start on Ann. Then I missed a few days of stitching because of side effects from the infusion and errands. Here is my progress on Ann Pegg so far. She has been a wonderful infusion project and companion so far! I hope to catch up on her this coming week!





 
I have been trying to stitch on Mary Eliza McMillan when I am not stitching on Ann. I have not gotten as far as I had hoped by this time because of so many distractions. I am trying hard not to let her end up in my WIP stack even if it means only stitching on her several hours a week! I think once I get past this house, her progress will move a lot faster.;;
 





 
Elizabeth Hunter and her threads arrived along with some new stickers for my journal and Book of Days. I couldn't resist the temptation any longer and ordered Pink Sparrow Sampler by Brenda Gervais. I hope it arrives soon!

 
I couldn't resist buying PFW by Modern FOLK Embroidery. I have wanted a sampler to  personalize with the initials of the 5 grandchildren in our family.

 
Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Good progress on your stitching .
Take care and enjoy a good stitching week.

Robin in Virginia said...

Both of your sampler WIPs look great. I don't much sampler stitching any more, but I do prefer small in size samplers that have alphabets or verse or a house or Quaker motifs. Thank you for sharing about your infusions! I hope the rest of this round goes smoothly for you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You have chosen some great samplers. I do like a Quaker Sampler but band samplers are probably my favourite style. I've certainly stitched more of them than any other type.

Jennie in GA said...

Good luck on your year of samplers!! You have some beauties picked out.