Sunday, November 11, 2018

Good Stuff!

Yes, I put the Willow Tree Sampler away for now. I will finish it up next Spring. It just did not feel like a chilly weather stitch. I have been wanting to stitch an alphabet sampler but I did not want to start anything too big so I found an alphabet I like, pulled some fabric and threads. I am ready to start and it should be a quick stitch!



I have another round of infusions coming up again in January. I always work on an infusion project during this time so I want to get everything together and I usually start on them several weeks before the infusions start. As I have said before, my infusion projects are usually prayers or proverbs. This time my infusion project will be the Praise Sampler by Plumstreet Samplers.

What did I cook for dinner this week that I want to share? Chicken and Dumplings! One of my favorites but also one of the dishes I am very picky about. I set my standards compared to my Grandma's recipe. No one made chicken and dumplings like Grandma!  I have tried several recipes only to be disappointed. I was about ready to give up and just get my chicken and dumplings when we go to Cracker Barrel (who, BTW, makes wonderful chicken and dumplings. As close to my Grandma's as any I had found) but I found a new recipe I thought I would try and it was GOOD! It was easy too which was an added bonus! Now I can have my chicken and dumplings any time I want them! Excuse the picture. NOT ME got a bowl full before I could take the picture!



6 canned biscuits
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 T olive oil
5 cups shredded chicken
1 T parssley
1/4 t dried Rosemary
1/4 t pepper
3 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained
1 chicken bouillon cube

Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and set aside. In a large pot, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in all the spices, bouillon cube, mushrooms and chicken. Mix well. Stir in broth.

Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add biscuits, one at a time. Cover and simmer for 11 minutes or until dumplings are done. (Do not lift cover while simmering). Enjoy!

I ordered a few clothes that arrived. One of my very favorite sweaters is the Thermal Hoodie from Roamans. Once again I borrowed a picture from Pinterest.  I have 5 of them now! They are so comfortable and extremely warm on a cold day! They are a little pricey but I watch for those sales!



Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Chicken and Dumplings look so good. I bet that sweater hoodie is comfy. Thanks for sharing the link!

Shelly said...

Thanks for the recipe. Wow, it looks delicious! Can't skimp on warm clothing and the hoodie looks warm.