Tuesday, August 04, 2020

A Busy Week

Two infusions down. Two left to go. Several days after infusion I feel like I was in a big fight and got the **** beat out of me because I am so sore! Yea, a new side effect! LOL.

Summer has definitely hit the South! We had a mild beginning and it was quite comfortable but now the heat and humidity have cranked up to make going outside for long periods, unbearable! Luckily, we have been having some monster thunderstorms each evening to cool things off a bit.

What a busy, busy week!

No finish on Bee Skep yet but I was able to work on it more and the nurse put my IV in a better spot so it did not hinder my stitching. I do not have an update this week but I am getting close to a finish if I can ever get past THAT house! Unfortunately I haven't been able to stitch much while at home due to all the busy-ness going on!

In my last post, I showed a sample picture of the walk in shower we want to get. We are still looking for someone to do that job.There are a few smaller things to do in our bathroom like new faucets for the sink, light fixtures and paint.

I also mentioned that the kitchen has a lot of work to be done. My range died on me last week so we made a trip to the appliance store to put our order in. Did you know that there is an appliance shortage? What I used to get delivered in just two days at the most, now takes a month! There is also a shortage of electrical items (wiring, switches, ect) and pressure treated wood (not to mention change). That figures! We also ordered our counter tops, kitchen sink, new faucets for our bath and the kitchen plus I bought some new glass globes for several ceiling fans.

While we were out looking at appliances, I picked up new light fixtures for the master bath vanity and a new pendant light for the dining area.

We have discussed the outside improvements. We would like to put in a walk way leading from the drive way around the back of house to the deck. When it rains, there are so many puddles to jump over and it would make it much easier when we have groceries to bring in. I would like to have several raised planting beds for veggies, herbs and a few flowers! So we had a guy come out and give us an estimate for these jobs.The walk way was a lot more expensive than we had planned so it looks like we will be puddle jumping a while longer until we find someone with a better price or a DIY project!

We decided that we did not want a big remodel or anything fancy. We just want to make what we have comfortable, convenient and livable.

Until next time may you have simple days, an uncluttered heart and stay well.

2 comments:

marly said...

Very difficult to find people for home improvements around here. Good luck with all the projects!

Robin in Virginia said...

Each one of your projects sound like wonderful additions to your home. Our dishwasher bit the dust on Saturday night. We ended up ordering a new one from Lowe's because all the local family operated appliance businesses have gone out of business since our last appliance purchases. So bummed about that!