Friday, December 27, 2019

Until Next Year

Christmas was quite around here. The boys are older and go their own way to spend holidays with friends (but they always come home for food)! With the boys grown, there is not the same excitement and anticipation of Christmas morning. Instead we can sleep in now and then come out for a sweet tooth breakfast later on. The Grumpy Ol Gazer and I just relaxed most of the day. I stitched and he played around with his hobby.



The BBQ and Chicken and Dumplings were delicious and NO clean up! My kind of meal. We had an early pick up time slot for the Chicken and Dumplings on Christmas Eve so we just went in a little earlier and had a nice breakfast! I do love their pancakes!

One of my presents were two more project bags for my cross stitch. I like these alot.



I worked on A Virtuous Woman part of Christmas day but then I started a Christmas stitch as well. I found about 4 designs in my stash that I have either forgotten about or just kept putting off over the years. And I have had these for YEARS so I decided to start stitching  them this year! I started on Tate's Stocking by Raise the Roof designs. I love the design but I will be framing this instead of making a stocking. I like most of my Christmas stitching to be either a holiday song title or a verse from a Christmas song. Once in a while I will make an exception.



Our dryer died right before Christmas! It had been sick and making all kinds of terrible noises then one day, it just stopped never to run again. We once again have a dryer that is happily humming whenever someone puts in a load of clothes to dry. I guess we can count that as our Christmas present! It certainly beats going to the laundry mat every other day!



Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a cool Christmas stitch you started! Glad the chicken and dumplings were a success! Enjoy the remaining days of 2019, Sherry!

marly said...

Well I guess I'm making chicken and dumplings tomorrow. Or ribs. Or looking for a place to order them!