Saturday, August 24, 2019

I'm Late. I'm Late.

I am late with my post out of laziness. I kept forgetting to take the pictures I needed. We had a week of big thunderstorms each evening. I love when it rains at night. I sleep so good! Back on topic, after all that rain we are now having a week long preview of Fall weather! Love it! After taking a break from stitching over last weekend, I decided to start the week off with a new start but my threads had not arrived.

I spent the first several days working on AAFG. I am almost finished with section 8! Only 5 more sections to go! Maybe I will finish it up by the end of the year (no promises) if I stick with it. A reader suggested that after I finish with it, I could coffee stain it to hide those old age stains! Good idea!



I usually like to begin my infusion project about the time I go in to see the doctor which won't be until mid November so I have plenty of time for a new start.  I decided to do something smaller and on the simple side so I chose A Sister's Garden by La D Da so it does not cross over into the infusion project. The colors are so pretty. Hopefully I will start on it soon.



On the home front, I noticed that my wild rose is blooming again! Our oldest has taken over the yard work and he keeps my bushes trimmed back nicely. Of course my Grandma would probably have a heart attack if she knew how he does it -- with a machete! But it works! LOL.



He trimmed my pyracantha bushes way back. We actually thought they were dead (which is why he trimmed them back) but they are coming back and hopefully they will have some yummy berries for the birds this Fall.



I am already planning my garden for next year. I have a blueberry bush, blackberry bush (both self pollinating) and a butterfly bush ordered. The Grumpy Ol Gazer said "but the birds will get all the berries" Exactly! And I am already looking at tomato plants along with several other veggies and fruits to put out.

I have stayed indoors as much as possible lately since we have had some terrible heat and air quality warnings.

Until next time may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good progress on AAFG and a good start on the La D Da piece! What a beautiful wild rose you pictured! Have a blessed day and a wonderful coming week!

butterfly said...

Lovely progress ,the rose is beautiful .

Republican 101 said...

Thannks for posting this