Saturday, March 23, 2019

Short and Sweet

The days are finally starting to stay warm. No more up and down roller coaster temps! The nights are still a bit chilly but that is alright. Our time change has kicked in. I love the longer days! More time to stay outside and watch the birds gather twigs and leaves for their nests!

It's that time of year! Chocolate Mint time! I keep several pots out on the deck and several pots in the house. I don't cook with it. Never have. It is the best stress buster I have ever encountered. When I feel anxious or tired in knots, I just ruffle the foliage and the most wonderful relaxing aroma makes everything alright again!



The Grumpy Ol Gazer and I have started a new tradition of sorts. Once a month we get ready and go to Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast! Neither one of us are big breakfast eaters but when go here, we make an exception! Big Yum!



I did not work on Faith (Words to Live By) this week. Instead, I tore up the house looking for Mother's Tree. I had put it in what I thought what a safe place. Ha! I finally found it and worked on it instead this week. I am still stuck on the tree but I can see some progress starting to show. It will go much faster once I get to my family names.



We thought that we had cleaned out the clutter and had either thrown it out or donated a lot of it. Not so. We are still finding things and filling more bags for the donation truck to pick up! I had no idea we had accumulated so much over the years!

Until next time, may you have simple days and an uncluttered heart.

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely words in your post.
Breakfast looks wonderful.

iowagirl said...

Mother's Tree is one of my most treasured pieces. I worked it bottom up and stitched the tree last. The tree is a bit tedious, but absolutely lovely when finished. Look forward to seeing your project develop.

Robin in Virginia said...

Enjoyed reading your post this morning, Sherry! I am not familiar with the Chocolate Mint so am going to look for some around here. Glad you found your Mother's Tree piece. Your breakfast at Cracker Barrel looks yummy! Enjoy your week!

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.